Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 - My Year in Review!

Most of you know that I have my blogs printed into blog books!

See? 2007 - 2015 for the Tidwells!

Last year, I did a "Year in Review" post that looked back at the one picture of each month that summed up what happened! I decided to do that again (I promise it's not all vacations this year!), so that I can always look back at 2016 and remember what happened! So here is my 2016 Year in Review!

January - I will always remember January 2016 as the furlough trip where we arrived on our 15th wedding anniversary, Blu got stuck in South Africa for having ammo in his bag, and I flew back with the kids and stayed in Livingstone by myself and did all of our grocery shopping. With the kids. In jet lag. On our 15th anniversary. Good times.

February - getting started on the house for my parents - what a fun year of building and seeing the house come to completion!

March - this will be the month I remember early morning workouts with Mallory, Rachel, Kailyn, and Jamee! Loved having those 4 here together that month!

April - school is out and it's Field Trip time! We took the "Middle Kids" to Livingstone to see Vic Falls and go on a game drive!

May - the New Day Ladies Retreat! Laurie and I shared a room for 3 nights, and we both taught sessions on the churches in Revelation! Such a great time!

June - might be the best month of the year! Blu's parents were here for 3 weeks, and my parents moved to New Day! (and Wes had a stroke...maybe NOT the best month of the year!)

July - a busy month with volunteers! We celebrated the 4th with Kailyn, Jamee, and Erin!

August - that 3 day camping trip for the Youth Conference...

September - that time we climbed the Great Wall of China!

October - I turned 36 and got a FitBit - my new best friend!

November - a wonderful trip to Cape Town, South Africa!

December - so much to choose! Christmas with my parents, moving them into their house, TONS of Christmas festivities, and the Camp family being with us for the month!

If I could sum up 2016 in one year, it would be EXHAUSTING. Or UNEXPECTED. Starting with our trip back from furlough, to a visit from Blu's parents, to Wes having a stroke, to Jacey joining us at New Day, to a trip to China - there were a LOT of things that happened this year that we didn't know were coming. Some were amazing, some were hard, but God knew about all of them beforehand, and He was with us through it all. I am looking for one thing in 2017 - RENEWAL (and rest!). Praying the same for you in 2017!

No comments: