Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter 2017!

Was it a morning like this When the sun still hid from Jerusalem? And Mary rose from her bed, To tend to the Lord she thought was dead? Was it a morning like this, When Mary walked down from Jerusalem? And two Angels stood at the tomb, Bearers of news she would hear soon? Did the grass sing? Did the earth rejoice to feel You again? Over and over like a trumpet underground Did the earth seem to pound, "He is risen!" Over and over in a never-ending round "He is risen! Hallelujah, hallelujah!" Was it a morning like this, When Peter and John ran from Jerusalem? And as they raced towards the tomb, Beneath their feet was there a tune? Did the grass sing? Did the earth rejoice to feel You again? Over and over like a trumpet underground Did the earth seem to pound, "He is risen!" Over and over in a never-ending round "He is risen! Hallelujah, hallelujah!" Over and over like a trumpet underground Did the earth seem to pound, "He is risen!" Over and over in a never-ending round "He is risen! Hallelujah, hallelujah!" Was it a morning like this, When my Lord looked out on Jerusalem?
My mom sang that every Easter! This morning, I thought about all of the sunrise services, early Easter breakfasts, cute dresses with white pantyhose, and Easter baskets from years past! I love celebrating the Resurrection of my King!

Baskets ready to go! Over the last few years, Zambia has gotten much better with their selections of Easter candy!

Daddy & Cambree

Love this man!

Last minute touchups on his Easter sermon!

My boys!

Caedmon

Cambree

Cason

Me...with curled hair.. :)

My (little) boys!

I love my family! (Yes..they will all be taller than me soon... )

We'll take any excuse to kiss!

The girls!

These three..

We weren't going to do an egg hunt (I thought they were too old!), but the kids begged! I hadn't bought any candy for the eggs, so we filled them with 1 kwacha each!

We also did an afternoon egg hunt with the New Day kids! Mama Lala planned this (and did all the work for it with Carol!), and the kids LOVED it!

Little Debbie snacks from Teacher Allison!

No comments: