Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Decorating for Christmas 2016!

I know, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet! I have NEVER decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but hey...give me a break. This year, we have Cason's birthday AND Thanksgiving on the same day, then the end of year school program and Cason's birthday party the next day, then housecleaning and Kids Club the next day, then church and our Hanging of the Green service the next day, then leaving for Capetown until December 5th the next day. So YES I decorated today!

It is always fun to get our decorations down because we are only in Zambia for Christmas every 2 years! It is always fun to see what the rats have eaten! This year, they somehow got INTO the plastic tubs, built nests, and urinated all over my huge nativity stable and the lower half of the Christmas tree. Needless to say, my house smells a little potent....!

Blu took a break out of his busy day to get boxes down from the attic, put empty ones back up, wash rat pee off of nativity figures, fix rat-chewed lights on the tree, and even pose for a fake "hanging an ornament" picture! (Notice the hammer in his hand..)

The kids love hanging their ornaments from B-Maw each year!

Creative way to help Cason reach the top..

Jacey was here to help too!

I'm a little short.

Here's a final look! The dessert/punch table...

Cambree's Snowy Village Scene

Mom's idea - to use some of my many decorations in my China hutch!

Love my pretty tree! Every ornament has a story, meaning, etc.!

Caedmon did my Santa Clause collection!

No comments: