Monday, June 24, 2013

Mama & Daddy

40 years ago today, two young kids decided to start a new life together. 40 years later that marriage produced two (lovely) daughters, seven grandchildren, and a foundation built on Jesus that will last for generations. When my sister and I were young, our parents sat us down and made a promise to us that they would never get a divorce. Ever. For any reason. Therefore, growing up, divorce was something that never crossed the minds of Dawni and I, and it is now something we would never consider either. Our marriages are built on God, and we learned that from our parents. They're pretty much the best parents ever (don't worry - yours can be second best, but mine are the best). We love you Mama & Daddy!! Words can't describe all that you've done for us! Happy Birthday Mama!
My parents met in Abilene when my mom was 15 (she told my dad she was older), and my dad was 20 and stationed in the Air Force at Dyess Air Force Base. They met at a random pool party, Mom was wearing "hot pants", and the rest is history!

Wedding Day!! A few days after their wedding, my dad got orders to Thailand and they spent the next year apart. My mom moved in with Dad's family and finished her senior year of high school.

A few years later..

No comments: