Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

To my four favorite dads:

I have to start with my own Daddy - the first man in my life :) I could go on and on about the amazing things he has taught me - from my 3 point shot to how to bake the best cinnamon bread in the world! The best thing he ever taught me was to put God first, then others, then myself. I am proud to be his daughter and I love him with all my heart!





And then, when I was 17, I met the second man in my life! Blu is an amazing dad who gives 100% to his kids no matter how exhausted he is. He takes every second he has to make memories, and I sit back in awe and watch him. They all want to be just like him, and I hope they are.




When Blu came into my life God blessed me with another father figure - my Paw. He will do anything for anyone and is the most selfless man I have ever met. He raised 3 amazing boys, and it is a privelege to be his daughter-in-law.






And finally, God has blessed me with a Zambian dad. Papa Wes has been a father figure to me since 2003 when we first moved to Zambia. He is also a dad to the 22 kids at New Day, and everyone loves him. He has a soft heart and has a love for God that others can see from the first time they meet him. I am blessed to have him in my life!




I hope all the fathers out there have a great day today! And to a few special few of you who don't have dads on this earth anymore, you know who you are, and I am thinking of you today!

No comments: