Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kids Club

This will probably be my last team blog. (Let's all pause for a moment of silence...) :) I feel like all I have done this week is blog and braid hair!! :) It's been a fun week though, and nothing like an amazing day of Kids Club to end my blogging out! We had 150 kids exactly at Kids Club today from surrounding villages. The team led a mini-VBS planned by Mary Beth where the kids rotated stations, and it was amazing how smoothly it ran! Enjoy these pics of the fun and chaos!

This is why my kids love volunteer teams - Cambree & Cason getting rides from Curtis & Randy!

Music class! (Can you see little Laurie standing by Stacey? She is serving as the translator for the other kids!)

Recreation time! I took this pic about 5 seconds before this little girl burst into tears! I think all the white people, ballooons, and running around cones freaked her out a little!

But don't worry - others had fun at Rec time!

Susan and Precious :)

Christin held baby Cain for the entire VBS

And Diane kept up with Baby Darbi! These kids bring all their younger siblings so it was a nice break for the older ones to get to put the babies down and just be kids themselves!

Mary Beth did an AMAZING job planning Kids Club and keeping it running smoothly!

Cason made a friend at Kids Club!!! I have been praying for that as he is pretty anti-social towards the village kids! But George let him rub his ear, which means he is now Cason's friend for life :)

Craft time was chaotic but fun!

Can you see the stress on Lynne & Hannah's faces??? :)

King Alex gives young David his armor to fight Goliath

Listening to the Bible story

I think Goliath scared the little kids - can you see their faces??

Each team that helps with Kids Club is planting seed after seed of God's love in these kids' lives!! I can't wait to see many of them come to know Jesus intimately in the near future, and it all starts with this!

No comments: