Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday

It's Show and Tell Tuesday at momfessionals.com, so today I'm linking up with Shay to share with you my life's mixed tape! I thought this was a fun theme, so on my lunch break, I'm going to share what my life's mixed tape would be!

First...the album of my childhood...

We grew up listening to this over and over and over again on our record player! This, along with Puff the Magic Dragon! Thanks, Mom.

And of course...we've got to throw some early 80s Gospel music in there...thanks AGAIN, Mom...

But, without a doubt, this is what I sang the MOST from 1983 to 1998... I have known the words to most songs (1st, 2nd, and 4th verses of course...) since I was very young, but it's just now that the words have a deeper meaning to me. I LOVE the old hymns, and Blu & I lead the kids in nightly devotions that teaches them old hymns and the meanings/stories behind them. Nothing makes this mama prouder than hearing my 7 year old bust out into "Rock of Ages, cleft for me!" :)

On to junior high...it's gotta be this right here! Jordan was my main man!

High school was an unusual mix....a little TLC since I'm from the hood, a little Christian rap (still love me some DC Talk!), and a little country...

On to college and my life with Blu...and it was ALL country, but still mostly Garth!

And then came the new era of praise & worship...love these groups!

Ok, ok, I would be remiss if I didn't mention a slight obsession with her....

And that's my life's mixed tape!

No comments: