Thursday, February 12, 2015

What's Up Wednesday (on Thursday!)



One of my absolute favorite blogs is Shay's. She is The Bachelor Sean Lowe's sister - an amazing Christian woman, cook, and travel planner! I stole the idea for "What's Up Wednesday from her blog! Enjoy!

What We're Eating

I cook 5 nights a week - blah. This week we had soft tacos, Chinese shredded chicken, waffles & omelets, and tonight we are having these meat pies..

What I'm Reading

I just finished this book...I have so much to say about it, but I'm not going to say anything about it. I will say this - though I didn't enjoy the book, I am extremely grateful to Chris Kyle and to every person who has ever served in our military.

I just started this last night!

What I'm reminiscing about

1999...our first Valentine's Day together! We spent the weekend with Blu's family at Lake Brownwood. It was my first time there, and it was the greatest weekend! We played 42, grilled out, played basketball, and enjoyed every second together (at this time, we lived 6 hours apart and hadn't seen each other in a while!)

What I'm looking forward to

6 months from tomorrow, we land in the USA and I get to hug these two...

What I'm loving

I have recently rediscovered my 1970s crock pot (it looks JUST like this one!) that belonged to Blu's great-grandmother!! With my busy teaching schedule, it has been a life-saver!

What I'm dreading

Blu will be in the USA from March 5th - March 11th for his brother's wedding. While I'm so glad he can go and be there for his brother, we will miss him tons...and it's never fun being in 2 different countries and thousands of miles away from each other! :(

What I'm working on

Nope, no new novels in the works! Just busy teaching exponents, division, and Roman numerals to 3rd and 4th graders!

What I'm excited about

There is a supermarket in Lusaka that is selling dark chocolate cranberry trail mix!! I might have paid $12 for this little bag, but YUM!!

What I'm watching

We just finished Season 2 of Top Shot - love it!

Last night, we watched this American Girl movie with the kids and I might have tried not to cry through most of it...I do love a good World War 2 movie! ;)

What I'm annoyed by

So yesterday morning I found this little guy in my bed..I proceeded to kill him and push him away by the wall...10 minutes later, that bad boy was GONE!!! I am convinced he resurrected himself and is out to get me..along with all his relatives. I am watching every step I take!!

What I'm hopeful for

My man bringing me back some of THESE from the USA!

What I'm wearing

My favorite capris from Maurice's, a shirt that a volunteer left, and some Reef sandals that a volunteer left (I do love me some volunteers!) ;)

What's new

My friend Allison sent me this mint chocolate chip face mask!!!!! Can't wait to try it!

That's what's up for me this Wednesday that's really Thursday due to internet problems! :)

No comments: