Monday, August 11, 2014

Durban Vacation, Day #6!

Our days in Durban are coming to an end, and today was another fabulous day! The kids did get up before 6am, but we were able to sleep in until about 6:30! We headed out for another breakfast - aaaahhhh how I love vacation food!

This is last night's creme brulee! I am usually a chocolate person, but I couldn't resist the menu's description of creme brulee with a berry compote. I was shocked to tap the top of the creme brulee..it was like glass! I had to google it to find out about the carmelized sugar topping - YUM.

And last night's grilled halloumi salad!

Ok, ok, back to this morning...we were off to the beach right after breakfast!

Cason did NOT want his picture taken!

Caedmon used his money to buy a soccer ball yesterday..of course.

Cambree has loved the beach more than anyone else - she LOVES all the sea creatures she is finding - maybe she'll be a marine biologist one day! (and maybe that's why she refuses to eat fish...??!!) ;)

My little construction man, Cason, has loved the sand!

Proof that I did get in the water..briefly.. :)

Awww......

I left after a couple of hours for my deep tissue massage and pedicure. I snapped a pic from our room of the beach - Blu & the kids are down there somewhere!

Pretty toes!

After I got back, we headed to Spur (again!) to eat - can't beat the kids' play area and the prices!

And the grilled hake!!

We passed by another 4D ride and had to go again...I love these things!!

Outside the Suncoast Towers - on our way to the stadium!

We went to the 2010 World Cup Stadium for a tour but had to wait 45 minutes...just enough time for a latte and milkshakes ;)

The tour (costing a grand total of $9!!) was neat! The kids (mainly Caedmon) thought it was cool to be on the field! Man oh man the New Day kids would have loved this!!!

Coming out through the tunnel!

Caedmon was pretty impressed by the locker room!

Of course the boys had to run around the field once, just to say they did..

It was about a mile walk back to our hotel, and Cason needed a boost most of the way. He said his legs were tired so they wouldn't move fast, PLUS he is allergic to stairs. :)

No comments: