Monday, December 16, 2013

Caedmon's Time in the USA



My parents are pretty amazing!! During our 4 1/2 months back here in the USA, they have made SEVENTEEN trips to Early (2 hours each way!!! Yes, I counted them all!) to hang out with us, pick up the kids, attend soccer games, see Chapel programs, go shopping, and help me clean the house! Because they are in the unique situation of having both of their children and ALL SEVEN of their grandchildren living halfway across the world, they understand how to make the most of every single moment that we are in the USA. Today, my mom gave me all of these pictures, already grouped by child, that she had taken of the kids this Fall. Mom & Dad have made it a tradition to do a "date weekend" with each grandchild, where they spend one on one time with them and spoil them rotten. I am so grateful for these pictures, as it captures a lot of what the last few months have been like for my kids in the USA (with Mama Dee & Grandpa). Thanks y'all!!

Puzzle time with the grandkids

These pictures and the following two posts will show what life has been like for my kids in the USA the last few months. They are not in order, because, frankly, this is a lot of pictures and I'm not Superwoman!)

Arrival at DFW in August!

Pumpkin carving at Ocker Church's Fall Festival!

We live really close to a very nice cemetery. One of my favorite things we did was take the kids down to the cemetery to ride bikes - so fun!

Working on a Christmas chain

Getting picked up from school

Chilling with Copenhagen

Discovering Cracker Barrel on his date weekend!

Clowning around at the circus on Caedmon's date weekend!

Now that is some awesome face paint!

Fishing with Grandpa!

Riding a pony at the circus

Reading time

He got to help pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child!

He also did some of his own Christmas shopping and wrapped gifts!

Singing at church in Tonga!

Helping with Christmas decorations!

No comments: