Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Potties and Weaning and Names..Oh My!

We're pretty busy in the Tidwell household! I decided that now would be a good time to start potty training my 2 year, 4 month old son and weaning my 11 month old daughter. Thought it would be good to start and have these things done before Samuel gets home!

So the potty training is going fairly well. We did have the day where Caedmon pottied 12 times in one day, because he figured out that it was an easy way to get potty treats. He's over that now, and he's actually doing great! This morning he even pooped on the potty! (this afternoon, however, he pooped on a pillow...) But we're getting there!

Cambree is doing well with the weaning thing. Actually, she's really the one who wants to be weaned! She's changing so much so fast! Her newest thing is to spit out her baby food and put it on her fingers so that she can feed herself. Miss Independent!

We are completely undecided about Samuel's name. We had originally decided to name our adopted baby boy Micah. But Samuel is 5 years old, and all he knows is Samuel. So we could name him Micah Samuel, and let him choose what to be called, except that Blu refuses to have a child that goes by his middle name. Because Blu goes by his middle name, he says it was a "pain" and he doesn't want our child to have to do it! So what to do....Micah Samuel and eventually stop calling him Samuel and be left with Micah.... or just leave Samuel. *sigh* Ideas anyone??

Speaking of Samuel, we still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to get a little nervous...."Did his mom remove him from the program?" "Can they not find him or his mom?" and of course, the worst..."is he still alive?" I just want to hear so bad about how he's doing, and I want him to be moved to a hospital or somewhere where he can get better care until we can go get him. God give me more patience please!!

4 comments:

Welcome to Jen said...

I hope you hear about your little man soon! Waiting is one of the hardest things to do...hope your news comes quick!

Love,

Jen Naoimi's Mom :)

S and K said...

Prayin you hear something very soon!
I know how hard the waiting is... even harder for you with Samuel being so sick.

Prayin for the potty training too. Yikes... not looking forward to that!

Love ya,
Katy

Anonymous said...

He looks like a Samuel, not a Micah. I hope he is ok. Surely you will hear something soon, right?
CeCe

Anonymous said...

Speaking of names- my husband and I have been wondering what inspired Caedmon's name. My husband is a huge Caedmon's Call fan and always wanted to name a son Caedmon, so we're wondering if that's where it came from. Can't wait to see what you decide to do with Samuel's name and what he decides to do with your choice :)
- Maralee (AoH group)