Thursday, September 27, 2007

Birthday Plus Immigration Update

Happy Birthday to my gorgeous husband :) He is 26 years old today and feels like an old man! Someone at church pointed out that they weren't even married by age 26--he said "I got married at 19!" So anyway for his birthday, I got him some running clothes, some gel rehydration packs, and (drum roll, please!) an entry fee into the Fort Worth Cowtown Marathon in February of 2008! He's always wanted to run a marathon, and I know he can do it!

Anyway, in the mail today, we got an update from immigration. Apparently our file had a "deficiency." Doesn't that sound depressing?! Poor file! I myself would never call it deficient, as hard as I worked on it! But I guess they wanted actual copies of our Child Abuse Registry Check, which was supposed to be in our homestudy. So, no big deal, I mailed them off today. It actually encouraged me that, hey, at least they're working on our stuff right?! So it shouldn't be too much longer...

We're heading out tonight to celebrate!! (the birthday, not the deficient file..) We're going to eat at a restaurant of Blu's choosing, going to Mardel's, and then heading back here to play some tennis minus a 2 year old and 10 month old! Yay for free babysitting from the preacher's wife! :)

Still waiting for a medical update on Samuel and some new pics. Last I heard the internet was down in Liberia. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blu!!!

Love, CeCe and Joe

Amber G. said...

I hope you guys had a good time yesterday for your hubby's birthday!! It's always nice to get a little one-on-one time... and free baby-sitting is DEFINITELY a plus!

Hopefully your poor little deficient file will be processed soon after the papers in question are received! Do you have any idea what kind of time frame you're looking at for approval?

We'll keep praying for things to move VERY quickly on every side...

Amber