Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Still waiting...

So we're still waiting on Immigration approval, still waiting to hear back about a special little boy, still waiting...

I realized last night that I'm glad I've had to wait. If all of the answers had come right away, then why would I even need God? I would have done everything in my own strength. But this time to wait has enabled me to call on Him, to seek Him so much, and then finally, to come to a point where I can REST in the fact that He alone is in control, He knows what's best for our family, and His will WILL be done.

I'm glad He has made me wait...

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Darbi, what a sweet post. Yes, the waiting is both horrendous and wonderfully intimate at the same time!

Love ya,
Brandi

Amber G. said...

Awesome perspective, Darbi! And a good thing to learn at the beginning of the adoption process. Waiting with grace and faith and trust is definitely one of the things God teaches adopting parents!
Thanks for sharing and reminding me what me heart posture should be... I haven't been so patient lately.
Blessings,
Amber

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will be honest...the waiting was sheer torture. I didn't like it. But hey, if you like it....I am glad it is you and not me:) Hee Hee. Really, God has special blessing for those that wait on Him.

Cece

S and K said...

Okay, you're right about the waiting thing... good reminder. I need to treasure these times.
Can't wait to hear about your special little boy!
Love,
Katy