Friday, October 12, 2007

A little down...

Ok, I'm one who usually hides how I really feel about things, and I rarely have pity parties, but...

I just read our new agency timeline and it depressed me. They have to have our I-600a approval and half of our adoption fees before we are put in line for a referral. Then, the time it takes to get our child home from the time we are put in line will be roughly 12 months.

We submitted our I-600a 4 months ago and still haven't received approval. It gets so discouraging to hear stories of others receiving approval in a week or two.

Some days it feels like our child will never be home, and I think it makes it harder knowing that just 10 days ago, we thought our child would be home by Christmas. Now we're not even "in line."

*sigh*

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Ily Darbs....

Brandi said...

Oh Darbi, I ache with you. I ache for what we thought was, for the dreams, I ache for the new child waiting for you, for the time it takes, for the waiting.

Knowing that He has a plan in the midst, hang on for that blessing.

Love you,
Brandi

Dale said...

Darbi,
From my end of the earth, you resemble the Biblical Ruth. You are faithful and steadfast for the Lord. It makes no sense to us why you are going through the things you are right now, but I believe God will reward you in the end. Ruth not only became a mother, but an ancestor to Jesus. God has some wonderful child waiting for you! Kim

S and K said...

Sweet Darbi,
I am praying for you. I am so sorry your heart is aching so. We are praying for you and for the one sweet child the Lord has hand picked for your family. Be encouraged that He has a plan for you and His plan is best!
Still, I ache for you and can't imagine how discouraged you must feel. May the Lord encourage you with peace and confidence in His plan this coming week!
Love you sweet friend,
Katy

From East Texas to the Far East said...

Know that the Lord is in control and He will do it all in His time! He does have the perfect child for your family (our family) picked out and He will bring that special one home at the right time! Remember that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts! He sees the BIG picture when we only see a glimpse! We are praying for you as you face what is next and heal from the last few weeks! He will carry you!
Love, John and Allison