Sunday, October 21, 2007

Who is Colored??

So I was reading my friend Denise's blog last night and it was about "colored people." It reminded me of another Zambian story...

One day Blu was outside playing soccer with all of the neighborhood kids. Suddenly, one precious little girl asked, "Meester Bru, what is it like to be colored?" Blu was caught way off guard and said, "What do you mean?" She informed him that anyone in Zambia who was not "completely black" was considered to be "colored." Therefore, they saw Arabs, whites, and people who were considered "half" to be "colored!" When Blu told her that black people used to be called "colored" in America, she burst out laughing and danced around singing "I'm colored...I'm colored!"

It's funny how we all have our own definitions of "colored", yet I doubt that word is even in God's vocabulary!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

What a cute story! I love that one!

Brandi

Amber G. said...

I LOVE all your stories! Thanks for sharing them... I always laugh. (The stories about your dog in the previous post were soooo funny!!) I think you should write a book! :)
Amber