Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Quirks and Such!

One of my favorite blogs is Shay Shull's! Today, when I read the post and saw that it was Show and Tell Tuesday, and the topic was Quirks and Such, I knew I had to link up....because boy do I have some quirks.. ;)
Let's start with my phobias...

These. They come to Zambia in November, and I want to cry. I would rather have snakes in my house than even SEE one of these... Blame it all on the movie Arachnophobia in 8th grade...

And then of course, there's my "Where is the bathroom??" phobia. I discussed this on my China post, but if you know me at all, you know that when I am on a trip, (ok, ok, when I am ANYWHERE), my eyes are always pealed for the closest bathroom. I just like to know where it is! I'm not particular...squatty potty, outhouse, indoor plumbing...anything will work, as long as I know where it is!

On to my quirks...

I've mentioned this before, but I have a strange obsession with calendars. If someone doesn't change their calendar when a new month arrives (or even the night before!), I get really irritated. ;) I can tell you what day June 5th, 2017 is on...maybe it's my Math brain, but I am always thinking about numbers, dates, and calendars... ;) The VERY first thing I do when I walk into the kitchen in the morning is change the dates on my two calendars in the kitchen. Yes, two in the kitchen.

Ok, this is the first time I have publicly confessed this....but whenever I get done visiting a place, I immediately go home and google how many deaths/accidents occurred at that place - Disney World, Great Wall of China, certain oceans/resorts, etc. I know that is beyond weird, but I'm just curious by nature!!!

Ok, so I asked Blu what one of my quirks was, and he says it's the fact that I won't open anything or buy anything unless the other one is COMPLETELY gone or used up. This includes soap, shampoo, perfume, etc...even if I REALLY want something, I won't get it or open it until the other one is gone. And OOOOOHHHH the satisfaction I feel when I finally throw that (completely) empty one away! (I don't think this is a quirk, I think this means I'm cheap!)

Blu also pointed out to me that he thinks it's strange that I won't drink water if I know it came from the sink in the bathroom. Is that weird?? That's normal to me! If I don't know it came from the bathroom sink, I will drink it and not notice, but if I saw it come out of the tap and into the cup, it will seriously make me want to vomit...

Ok, surely that's enough confessions for one day! Happy Tuesday! :)

No comments: