Friday, October 21, 2016

It's My Birthday!

My 36th birthday was a great one! Power was out for 12.5 hours, and it was 100+ degrees outside, but I didn't let that get me down! I had a SUPER day!

A (purple!) Fitbit from Blu!

A 2 page letter from my 11 year old son...I do NOT take this for granted!

A handmade knitted bag from sweet Cambree!

And Cason gave me his miniature ketchup bottle! Ya'll, this is a HUGE deal!!!

My mama's famous handmade coffee cup card, plus money at amazon to buy new swimsuits for our upcoming beach trip!

A necklace scarf from my sis!

My sweet Blu did the dishes all day, made me a salad for lunch, and made supper with my parents!

After a good day at school (power was out so no computer class!!! I got to read one of my favorite books to the olde kids!!), it was time for the October monthly birthday party!

My favorite kind of cake!

Superman for Muchoni, chocolate chip cookie cake for me, and a Zambia flag cake for Mulenga! (with some help from Justin & Emma, who think it's their birthday every month!)

Justin was so cute :)

It's been a LONG time since my Daddy lighted my birthday candles!

Much needed new dish towels and trivets, plus lotion and perfume!

I make some great faces when I'm running from water..

Jacey did a great job on Muchoni's Superman cake!

Lots of soccer/sports stuff for this 12 year old!

Mulenga's birthday is on Independence Day, thus the Zambian flag cake!

Emma took her job VERY seriously..

And the water pouring...when it's 100+ degrees outside, it's hard to do anything but smile!

Hugs for this boy :)

Cason loving this!

Mama Tembo was the only one who got me with ice water!

Mean ole' Liz!

Muchoni is FAST!

But they got him!

The look on Mulenga's little boy's face is hilarious!

We are getting too old to run, so we just stood there..

We knew this was coming...

And some reading on the couch with my girl.. :)

We had a delicious supper of grilled bbq chicken made by Dad, roasted potatoes and broccoli made my Mom, and casserole onion bread made by Blu. I loved my special day and am grateful that in 2008, this little girl was born on my birthday. I wonder what she is doing in heaven with Jesus today!

No comments: