Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's Day! The day is half over here in Zambia, so I wanted to post some pics of our day!

I just got off the phone with this guy, who has my heart! We were ordering lobster rolls in Cape Cod when this picture was taken...though we don't share a love of travel, we DO share a love of seafood, which got him to Cape Cod! ;)

These two guys are my other 2 favorite fathers!! Love them both so much!

Father's Day started early around here - the kids were up at 5am and Blu went to milk the cow at 6am!

For Father's Day, we had the "Tidwell Family From-Scratch Diner" for Blu! We made a menu and he got to place his orders for food cooked fresh from the diner! Here, the kids are taking his breakfast order.

For breakfast he chose sausage biscuits, scrambled eggs, and hashbrowns!
For lunch, he chose chicken burgers with French fries, followed by cheesecake! If we ate at the Tidwell Family From Scratch Diner every day, we certainly wouldn't live very long.. ;)

I am so thankful for a day that is set aside to honor our dads. Growing up, my dad was (and still is) my biggest fan. I love that he loves growing old - he is teaching me how to age gracefully and to embrace the future! Paw has loved me since I was 17, and I will forever be grateful for the way he raised Blu. If my husband is at home, he is playing with our kids. He is constantly on the trampoline, throwing a baseball, kicking the soccer ball, playing the Wii, reading books. He is the most involved, encouraging, FUN dad in the world, and I am so grateful for all he does for our family!

No comments: