Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Confession....

I have a confession. Are you ready? Here goes…I like mice. I’m sorry, but when you say, “I saw a rat!” then I am picturing this…

I love you Fievel!

I know it’s weird; trust me, I know. And I guess if one crawled across me at night I would probably feel differently. But I think mice/rats/rodents are the cutest little things. I grew up having pet hamsters (RIP Rudolph and Prancer..), so maybe that’s where this comes from. Yes, I know they carry diseases…but when you tell me they carry diseases, I am picturing this…

I love you too Jerry!

We have had a “mouse trap” set up in our closet for 3 months now. I use the term “mouse trap” very loosely. It is a 5 gallon bucket, with a wooden plank going up the side as a ramp. At the top of the ramp is a glob of peanut butter, and the bucket is half full of water. Well, it WAS half full of water, but I guess water evaporates after 3 months. The other night, at midnight, we heard that fateful splash. Blu had finally gotten a mouse. I have to admit, I was picturing this….

Poor Ratatouille!

Last night, we got another one. I guess we finally found a mouse family that can’t resist our peanut butter ramped 5 gallon bucket. There is one mouse left that travels from under our couch every night to the laundry room. I am convinced it wants to watch our TV show with us, and I will not let Blu kill it. Because when I see it run across the floor, I am picturing this…

Maybe he's just waiting for us to go to bed so he can have some fun...

The weirdest part about all of this, is that I can’t stand dogs. Like get completely freaked out if a dog even touches me. Because when ANY dog comes near me, I am picturing this…

No comments: