Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Five and Five!

Not everyday is super exciting here at New Day! :) Some days, like today, I wake up, do my quiet time, go and teach school, come back and record donations/thank you cards/record expenses for New Day, make lunch, go to Reading Tutorials, do a P90x workout, cook supper, and color with the kids. Nothing really blog-worthy!

So I thought I'd do a little post sharing 5 things I love, and 5 things that really irritate me! Because that, obviously, is blog-worthy! ;)

5 Things I Love: (aside from the obvious Jesus, my family, etc....)

1. I love to travel. Like really love it. Like have our family vacations planned through 2016 love it. Wanderlust: an intense desire to see the world. I blame my parents for this - our family vacations to Colorado Springs, North Carolina, Turner Falls, and Galveston. I blame Blu's parents for a trip to Nebraska when I was 18. And I blame God for calling me to Africa. Wanderlust - I have it, so watch out - it could be contagious. :)

2. I love routine. I am a creature of habit. I could eat the exact same meal every single day for breakfast. (I usually do, and lunch too!) I love predictability, continuity, and knowing what to expect. I love ORDER. :)

3. I love my husband. Yep, it's true. Like crazy, idolized, adoration kind of love. I am convinced that he can do anything. This began at the age of 17, and I just don't see it stopping...ever. I think he hung the moon, and I won't apologize for it. :)

4. I love to read. A lot. I usually read 2-3 books per week. I read every night for about 30 minutes before I fall asleep. Christian fiction is my favorite, but I also love biographies. I love historical fiction and feel like so much of what I know has come from books!

5. I love efficiency. When I have thirteen million things to do in a very limited amount of time, I am in my element. I thrive when I am busy. VERY weird, I know, but it's me.

5 Things that Drive Me Crazy:

1. Snakes. I'm from Texas, I live in Africa, and I hate snakes. What's interesting is that snakes never bothered me until about 2 years ago. I guess finding 3 snakes in your house in a period of 2 years will do that to you. I have frequent nightmares about snakes and look for them everywhere I walk, reach, etc. Ugh.

2. Being Poked/Tapped. I really really really can't stand being poked! When someone pokes me to get my attention, taps on my arm incessantly...I really want to break a finger. That's weird, isn't it?

3. My Hair Being Touched. I know, another weird one. But mess up my ponytail, and you just might die.

4. Being Called a Satanist. This is something we get sometimes here in Zambia, and it REALLY bothers me, more than it should. To be in another country, serving God by sharing His Gospel, and to be accused of following Satan is just so hurtful. I am working on this - I know my Savior suffered so much more, so I should count it all joy.

5. Not Knowing Where the Bathroom Is. I just need to know, everywhere I go, that there will be a bathroom! It just makes me feel better. Don't judge.

As I was writing this, I thought of lots more interesting things: my crazy dreams, obsession with plane crashes, etc..but that will give me another blog one day! :)

No comments: