Monday, December 31, 2012

Alvarado Team - Monday

Here are the pics I got from Kelly's camera! Enjoy! The New Day girls LOVE the long hair of these girls! :)
Caedmon is enjoying having his Alvarado friends around :)
Cambree too :)
Cassie & Brittany lead in a game of Duck Duck Goose
Have I mentioned that the kids love Cassie (and her phone)??? ;)
"Mrs. Telly" has always been a special part of our lives :)
The girls spent a couple of hours painting window frames on our new school building
Meanwhile, all of the guys worked on building bookshelves for our library - they got 6 done! (I promise, even though there are no pics!) Play practice - here is Joseph, Mary, & Baby Jesus :)
We spent a lot of New Year's Eve night playing Spicy Uno
Margaret welcomes the team into the Luyando House on the tour. Sadly, Margaret's father passed away this morning so she will be away from New Day for about a week as she attends his funeral.
Heading out on the tour
You can't see her in this pic, but it is Kailey who is teaching all of these kids at VBS!
Cassie & Brittany working on VBS crafts
Speaking of VBS, it was crazy yesterday! We started with 30 kids and at the end of VBS there were 110. AND...it was pouring down rain the whole time! That's why I have no pics of Recreation time, which was a blast! We're hoping there are more kids today, and no rain from 3pm-5pm! Tony gets dogpiled :)
We had an adventure on New Year's Eve - Debbie brought over a "jackfruit." Not sure what it is, but it looked and smelled nasty! Most of the team tried it...not me! As Laura said, "that just looked wrong at many levels."
And finally, for the quote of the day...there were so many to choose from (Tyler...) but I'm going to go with Mrs. Laura: "I've had mud on my feet two times in my life...yesterday and today." :)

1 comment:

The OCD said...

These are great! We are all wishing we were there. Maybe I will see you soon!