Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vacation!!!

It's HERE!!! I'm driving the kids to the grandparents tomorrow and our vacation will begin!!! On Saturday night, we head to The W Hotel in Dallas to stay in the top-floor condo of Blu's cousin. Then, early Sunday morning, we fly out to NEW YORK CITY!!! We are so excited!! We will be there 4 days and will see the Empire State Building, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Wall Street, Chinatown, the 9/11 Memorial, we have tickets to be in the studio audience of Good Morning America on Tuesday morning, we have tickets to the Phantom of the Opera on Tuesday night, Wednesday in Central Park, and back home on Thursday!!!!

We'll blog while we're there so be looking--I know you're dying to see how these Texas hillbillies survive NYC!! :)

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I can't wait!! I remembered the 2 places I was going to tell you about. . .

Sarabeth's is in the upper east side and is a great place for brunch. . I just saw that Reese Witherspoon went there last weekend.

The chocolate place is
Max Brenner's
841Broadway (between 13th and 14th Streets) (now open)
Opening Hours:
Mon – Thurs - 08:00am – 11:00pm
Fri - Sat - 08:00am – 01:00am
Sun - 09:00am – 11:00pm
AND
- 141 Second Avenue (at 9th Street) (now open)
Opening Hours:
Mon – Thurs - 10:00am – 11:00pm
Fri - Sat - 10:00am – 01:00am
Sun - 10:00am – 11:00pm

Also, John's Pizza which is in an old church building, too cool. . .between broadway and 8th on 43rd or 44th!!!

Yay! Have a blast!

Brandi

From East Texas to the Far East said...

You are going to love NYC! That is where John and I got engaged (Central Park, Bethesda Fountain, benches on the left right on the water!!) I agree with the John's Pizzeria (44th street)! It is cool! Don't eat the hot dogs in Chinatown...might be real!! You will love Phantom, as well! Have lots of fun and don't worry about the hillbilly thing! Ya'll can't be worse than my lovely redneck husband! :) Enjoy!!

Amber G. said...

Woo-hoo! Have so much fun! And PLEASE do post pictures!

NYC is one of those place I am looking forward to visiting someday.

Amber

Sherry said...

Oh enjoy! Phantom is absolutely the best. Try to eat breakfast at One Fifth Ave if it is still there. Best Eggs Benedict in the WORLD...and I have tried it around the world, so I feel comfortable saying that!

Have fun!