Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Last Day!

Today was our last day in NYC! We decided to sleep in, because it will also be our last day to do that! So we slept until about 9:30am and then hit the city again! (By the way, I must put that Blu’s favorite part of our whole vacation has been the strawberry iced donuts that our hotel serves every morning for breakfast…)

Anyway, the first thing we saw today was Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall. Those were neat to see!

See the ice skating rink at Rockefeller?!
Photobucket

It was really cold and raining outside, but we still wanted to see Central Park, so we took a subway up to the north part of the Park and then walked through. The view from Belvedere Castle was so gorgeous!!

Photobucket

Bow Bridge in Central Park
Photobucket

Photobucket

The building right at the top of our umbrella with the triangles is where John Lennon was killed!
Photobucket

I was so in awe of Central Park. Even though it was dreary and rainy, and BLu’s socks were wet so I don’t think he had the best time, I absolutely loved it. I expected there to be people everywhere, but it was so calm and quiet….you could easily forget you were in NYC! There were tons of different walking trails and it was just beautiful, with fog hanging over the tall trees!!! I LOVED it!!

I am trying to eat at various “unique” places while we’re here, so today we ate sandwiches and soup at an Italian deli called Caprese. (Blu wanted to eat at Wendy’s—we don’t eat there often so he said that was unique enough!)

We were both soaked by then, so we headed back to the hotel for dry clothes and a couple hours of rest! Then we headed back to Ground Zero, because I really wanted to go to the Tribute Center and read the stories of people. It was so incredible….there was an older man in there who was just weeping as he walked along and read the stories—it was so sad.

Then we headed back to Chinatown, because we really liked it the first time! Blu went to a watch repair shop to get his watch fixed, and I got a Dolce & Gabanna purse for $15!!

We decided to go all out on our last night here, and we actually spent $75 on a meal!! Just the two of us!!! It was an Indian restaurant called Sapphire and it was SOOO good! They checked our coats when we went in and we had no clue what was going on!!

Ok, I think I’m done blogging about NYC!! I promise after a couple of days at home, I’ll return to my Zambian stories—I still have one to tell about The Green Crayon!!

Thanks for reading this week!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I am sorry your trip is nearly over. NYC is one of those places that really grows on you. It is hard to take it all in with just a few days. Wet socks wouldn't be fun though. Poor Blu.

I was surprised that you haven't mentioned lemon ices or grays papaya hot dogs. If you get a chance, you should at the very least each get a lemon ice from a street vendor before you leave. They are one of my fondest memories of my childhood spent wandering the streets of the village. Sigh.

Have a safe trip home!

KTandEMYsmom said...

I loved my trip to NYC, and loved reliving it through your adventures there this week.
But I look forward to more Zambian stories too!

Rebecca :-) said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babysleepstudy.org or go to www.milestonesresearch.org and click on "Baby Sleep." Best wishes, Rebecca