Tuesday, March 18, 2008

GMA and Broadway!!!

Photobucket
This morning started bright and early as we left our hotel at 5:15am to head to the ABC studios to get in line for Good Morning America! It was very cold as we waited until almost 7am!! We were starting to get frustrated as they just had us standing inside the studio until 8:30 when they did a segment indoors!! But in the midst of all of that, they talked Cameron Mathison (Ryan on All My Children) into coming down and greeting the studio audience, so that was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

(I know you don’t know who he is, Jessica, but he’s famous, I promise!!)
Photobucket

Then they did a weather segment at 8:30am, and they did it directly in front of us!! So our families back at home who were watching were able to see us waving on tv!! My mom recorded it and then played it back over and over again for Caedmon and he waved at us!!

Then, Robin took some pictures with us! (notice how my smile wasn’t as big as the previous pic with Cameron!!)

Photobucket

Finally, they told us to go outside for the last 2 minute segment, so we all ran outside, and right as I walked up to the rope Diane Sawyer came over and started talking to the people next to me!!! I was just staring at her! I did get a good picture though!

Photobucket

After this celeb-filled experience, we decided to head uptown to an upscale cafĂ© called Sarabeth’s. (Thanks for the recommendation Brandi!!) Reese Witherspoon was there 2 weeks ago, and the waitress told us that Julia Roberts is a regular, along with Nicole Kidman (who always sits at table 22), and Lisa Kudrow! I couldn’t even carry on a conversation with poor Blu because my eyes were on the door on the lookout for celebrities!!

From there, we came back to the hotel and took a 2 ½ hour nap this afternoon!!!! We were exhausted (celeb-watching does that to you!!)

At 4pm, we headed out to eat supper at Bedouin Tent. Because I planned all of our meals ahead of time, we are really getting to see different parts of the city, as opposed to just eating on 5th avenue or Times Square. So, we headed all the way down to Brooklyn and got to see different neighborhoods. The food was from the country of Jordan, and it was SOOO delicious and very cheap!!

From there, we headed to the Majestic Theater!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We really enjoyed The Phantom of the Opera, although I really think we would have enjoyed it more if we had read at least a summary before we came. We spent a lot of the time just trying to figure out what was going on!! But we did really love the stage/set/curtains—they were incredible!!

When we finished Broadway, we headed out to yet another recommendation of Brandi’s, Max Brenner. I was expecting a little chocolate shop, but it was a huge restaurant with chocolate as its specialty! If you know me at all, you know I was in heaven…

Photobucket

It was a great day, but our feet are starting to ache…. More tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Max Brenner! YUMMY!! Oh I miss NYC, I really do.

I am glad you enjoyed Phantom. It's my fav musical of all time. I have seen it twice on broadway and each time was magical.

I had to laugh at you being star struck though. I have no idea who that guy was! But you did have a thousand watt smile standing next to him! haha :)

Jessica said...

Btw, I don't know the name but I do recognize the face ok! lol And I can't tell that your smile was bigger cause all I see is your white face (maybe it's my computer). But it sounds like yall are having too much fun! You and your celebrities....;) And it's pouring here just so you know! Has been since last night! Miss you!

Mrs. Hammer Time said...

I am so glad you're enjoying yourself. There is nothing in the world like Broadway.... nothing. (Can you tell I love it?)
You two are def doing the city justice, and taking advantage of all it has to offer. Hope your trip keeps going so well!

Brandi said...

Ok, now you have to tell us what you ordered at Max's? It was so yummy! The best thing we had was the chocolate pizza!

Oooh, and isn't Sarabeth's adorable? I love the area too!

You are making me miss it there!

We have never done the morning show thing and I've always wanted to! Keep your eyes out for celebs. . .on our last day, we saw Ty Pennington!

Have a blast! I LOVE reading about your trip. .you crack me up!

Bran

Becky said...

Oh, I know who he is!!!! Could be a little jealous!!
I've been following your trip and it looks like you are having such a fabulous time! Maybe one day....we'll get there?!