Thursday, August 2, 2007

A little progress...

Well, we got our dossier mailed off to our agency yesterday! Amazingly, our former unnamed agency actually sent us back all of our originals!! So we loaded up another notebook and mailed it off to Acres of Hope! Pretty exciting! I have no idea how long it will be before we hear back.

We also got a letter in the mail from our former agency today. I was so excited, because I thought "maybe they decided to return our original $250 deposit since we feel we were misled about the adoption details/process!" I held my breath as I opened it, but instead I found a letter stating, "Thank you for your charitable contribution of $250 to our organization." Lol oh well.. :)

3 comments:

Brandi said...

2 things. . .congrats and oh my goodness! Congrats on one more step out of the way!!! Oh my goodness about the letter saying thanks! As if you had a choice! That's hilarious. . .

you guys are just so generous right now when you are spending so much on your adoption to donate $250 to another adoption related organization!

Brandi

Becky Avella said...

Hi Darbi,

I just wanted to let you know that I am one of your blog stalkers. LOL. I'm looking forward to following your adoption process. God bless!

Love,
Becky Avella

Amber G. said...

Oh, I am sorry... We also had a "former un-named agency", but THANKFULLY they refunded our $500 application fee! Its alot of money when you're saving every penny to pay for the adoption in the first place!

Well, I guess God can bless your "charitable donation"... may it do a lot of good!

Amber