Friday, April 6, 2018

School's Out!

The first term of 2018 is in the books! It was a little bit crazy, with Easter weekend and then a team here with us, but we made it through 12 weeks of school and now get 4 weeks off! Here's a look at what our week looked like!

Uncle Blu takes the littles on a ride in the Mule!

My room is ready for the second term! (School was out today, and I have May 7th on the board, lesson plan book ready, etc. Mom rolls her eyes at me on the last day of every term! ;) #ocd I always teach elapsed time during the second term and it makes me want to pull my hair out, so maybe this will help!

Cason got some new Dog Man books from the USA!

And rewarded his Mama with a pedicure :)

Emma and Blessing going for a walk!

Blesten got a boost from Emmanuel!

Going where? No idea!

I walked into my house and saw this gorgeous rose...I later found it was Caedmon!

Our "school's almost out!" faces!

Our "We are SOOO exhausted" faces!

Like I said, we had 4 people from Rosemont Baptist in La Grange, GA here this week to help us get the roof on the new school building! Here's what it looked like on the first day!

Chris and Mike trying to design the trusses on the ground...with popsicle sticks and hot glue!

All ready to go up!

There they go!

Uncle Mulenga helping Caedmon and Cason line up 2x4s.

Caedmon started school a week early, so he was out this week and worked on the roof all week! Here is he sorting roofing nails.

Day 3 - wow! It's almost done!

Tomorrow we are headed out for 9 days to Gabarone, Botswana. We will take the 2 day drive in the minibus (our family plus Mom and Dad) to go and see my sister and her family in their new home in Gabs. We have an Airbnb with a pool, so we are looking forward to getting away. To be really transparent, this has been a very hard week. We were asked some questions this week that were so deeply hurtful, and I am having a really hard time getting over it. If you are reading this, would you say a prayer for our family this week as we get away? That we'll find some happiness, some rest, and that we'll be able to let go of the hurt we feel. Thank you for your faithfulness to pray for our family.

No comments: