Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Botswana - Tuesday Hike!

On Tuesday morning, we got up and headed to Kgale Hill for a hike and to look out over the city! I'm not the most outdoorsy person (though I WOULD call myself athletic!), but if you've followed my blog, you know how I feel about things like hiking... which my husband loves!! I survived though, and the kids had a great time, so yeah, I'd do it again! (in a year or two...)

Blu and Blake solving the world's problems

Caedmon climbing!

Oops! Cambree got stuck!

The kids went on a "free climb" with Blu and Blake - I couldn't believe Cambree did it and made it to the top!

Cason & Amos

Dr. Winsman, I presume...

Me, Dawni, and my 15 year old niece Isabel, who said, "I'd rather read a book about hiking than go hiking." I concur, dear, I concur.

Oh my...the kids on their free climb...and me watching this from a distance!

Us ladies (and Dad and Amos!) waited for them, eating snacks. Now that's my kind of outdoor activity!

So adorable!

We took a lot of rests!

The views really were gorgeous!

After the longest hike ever, we headed to Sanita's Tea Garden for lunch - what a cute little place!

They made homemade lemonade - yum!

There's been not a lot of sleep in our lives the past couple of weeks!

Once we got back to the house, it was time for some swimming!

That night, we headed back to the Kimbroughs for a delicious supper! Abigail is an amazing piano player!

A tough game of Mancala!

And an even tougher game of Chess between Isabel and Blu!

No comments: