Thursday, February 9, 2017

Superbowl, A Diner, Homework, and Rain!

We found something called USTV that enables us to record TV shows for $30 a month and watch them here in Zambia!! (Where was this when we tried so hard to find some way to watch the Olympics???!!!) We were able to watch the Superbowl on Monday night (even though the Patriots won...) and enjoy some fun times together!

The crowd, glued to the game!

Some of my favorite guys (minus Paw!)

Go Falcons!

I made a healthy snack table (that Blu was not impressed with) - quinoa pizza bites, deviled eggs, olives/peppers, popcorn, chips & salsa, healthy lemon squares, and USA thumbprint cookies!

Our kids spend a lot of time during the school term doing homework...while streaming Christian music!

Cambree is very fast at schoolwork so she usually just sews!

Cason likes to do his homework in his undies...hey, whatever works!

Welcome to Teacher Darbi's Tasty Diner! 6th grade Math can be pretty boring.. (hello 5 digit division)...so when I saw that we had 2 lessons on giving change and ordering from a menu, I decided to turn our classroom into a breakfast diner!

Loved seeing the kids faces when they saw my hair!

In all honesty though, I think they thought my Texas accent was funnier than my hair!

Good job Busboy Blu!

Taking orders! The kids had 15 kwacha to spend, had to save some for a tip, and some had to save some for transport money home! They all did a great job and we learned a lot of good restaurant etiquette!

Those smiles were worth all the hard work!

Yep, it's still raining! (though we've had a 2 day break!)

Found this throwback picture of Cason 2 years ago! I guess February is pretty rainy!

No comments: