Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Trust Without Borders

This furlough, there was a song that seemed to follow me. We heard it at numerous churches, and each time I felt God tugging at my heart. Because we packed up everything we owned and hauled our 3 small children off to Zambia to start an orphanage four years ago, I guess I have always thought I didn't really have trust issues with God. But hearing this song - "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders..." - yikes. Ouch! I immediately thought about the borders in my life. It reminded me of the country of Zambia. It has a clearly defined border that is surrounded by seven other countries. I pictured my trust INSIDE of these borders. As long as things go as I have planned, it's easy to trust God. I realized that I have trusted Him only if it is on my own terms, within my own borders. I pray this 2014 and this next two year term in Zambia that my trust in God will be massive, it will be huge, but most of all it will be without borders. Regardless of what happens, regardless of my own plans, I will trust Him. Easy to say, harder to do. But with God, ALL things are possible. :)

No comments: