Monday, October 7, 2013

The Carolinas!

We had a great trip to North & South Carolina this weekend to speak about New Day! I was very surprised by the BEAUTY of these two states!! My husband said some unthinkable words: "Maybe one day we should retire to the East instead of to Texas!" BLASPHEMY! ;) But it was gorgeous! It was great to spend time with family, friends, and of course to share about the orphanage!

Warning: I had my camera out a LOT on this trip - Blu rolled his eyes every time he saw me get it out!

My aunt & uncle live off of Darby Chase road - I am Darbi and their son is named Chase!

My Aunt Martha (she is who Martha the cow is named after at New Day!) is an amazing cook!

Me & my cousin Kathryn

Her birthday was this weekend - you would NEVER guess her age, and I'm not telling! I idolized her so much growing up!

THIS was the car Uncle Charlie had us drive for the weekend - not so great for fundraising for the orphanage!!! ;)

Some interesting water towers in the Carolinas!

Drove right by Clemson University!

Yep, we're in the Bible Belt!

South Carolina!

Gorgeous!

We had lunch with some friends (old & new!) at Copper River Grill in Seneca, SC - this was Blu's Copper River burger - it's under there somewhere!

Niki & Kelsey Cook (husband Ricky is still at New Day!)

We went to this park and had some time to visit with members of LifePoint Church about the orphanage - so pretty!

Blu & Eddie were reunited (Eddie made some of our awesome New Day videos!)

We (and by we I mean Blu ;) spoke at College Street Baptist Church in Walhalla on Sunday morning, and afterwards we went to the Liberty House Bed & Breakfast for a delicious Southern lunch buffet!

On the way home, we stopped quickly to see the Neely family (minus Wesley in this pic) - missionaries we served with in Zambia from 2003-2005!

And Aunt Martha had THIS waiting for us when we got back - grilled salmon, asparagus, and rice served with a béarnaise with capers sauce....No her last name is not Stewart, but it should be!

After 3 games of "42", we went to bed with the men as the champions...this time!

The kids had a great weekend of birthday party, soccer game, and church with Grandpa & Mama Dee! We have another busy week with us getting home late this evening from the airport and then a 2 1/2 hour trip on Wednesday to speak at a chapel service. Thanks for praying for us as we travel!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures & stories! Nice shirt in that last picture! Miss ya'll!!!! :)
Melody