Monday, July 22, 2013

FBC Bartlett, Texas


This little church right here means a lot to me! My dad was the pastor at First Baptist in Bartlett, Texas from 1992-1997, my 7th through 12th grade years. When I think of this church I think of sliding down the icy ramp on trash can lids, my first kiss (church van…shhh…don’t tell Dad!), painting…and repainting…the youth room, hours and hours and hours of basketball in the stifling hot gym, the best youth minister & wife ever, and where I became Mrs. Blu Tidwell. I also think about the summer after my 7th grade year, at the tender age of 13, when I stood before the church and told them that God was calling me to be a missionary in Africa. That is why I am so excited I can hardly see straight about the team that arrives today from FBC Bartlett!!! Candi, who I played basketball with, Sheri, who witnessed those awkward teenage years, the Rosenblad family (current pastor) who has supported New Day from day one, and new people to meet! To think back on those memories at that church, and now to have people from that church serve alongside with us in Africa is…it’s hard to find the right word! “Special” doesn’t quite cut it. It’s surreal. It’s an amazing glimpse into God’s sovereignty. I’m ready for an amazing week!

No comments: