Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day 2013 has certainly been eventful!! From a new bread machine, to a spitting cobra in my bedroom, to a special fashion show presented by the New Day kids, it has been an exciting day!

Margaret (Banene) gets a hug from Caedmon

Laurie led the kids in the fashion show and a Mother's Day poem - here she is giving the kids last minute instructions!

Muchoni, Misheck, & Francis on the runway!

Teacher Carolyn models her hat (Teacher Diana in the background!)

Teacher Abby loves her Mother's Day drawings from the kids!

Cambree is not shy on the runway!

Cason models his hat

Caedmon is our shy one!

The kids made flower pot photos and a great Mother's Day sign!

The whole group!

Meanwhile back at home, Blu surprised me with a bread machine - YUM!

And my sweet babies gave me a foot rub!

And finally, as I lay down this afternoon to rest in my bed with a good book, Blu came into the room. My skirt from church was on the floor (I had sweats on, don't worry!), and he looked at the skirt strangely and said, "Look! Something is in your skirt!!" I noticed the skirt fluttering and told him the wind was just blowing it. Suddenly the skirt sprung up and Blu threw a shoe at it. We both realized it was a snake and I flew out of the room, leaving him with a shoe to kill this spitting cobra! I will certainly never forget this day!

No comments: