Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Week

I was amazed, as I always am, to see the progress that has taken place in Mapanza in just one week of work!!
Last week, I posted a picture of the slab and first line of bricks for the kitchen/dining facility. Look at it just one week later!! The huge windows are the dining room. The left side is a classroom, and the right is the kitchen/pantry/laundry room.

Kids playing on the trailer..enjoying the temps before it gets HOT

My cement countertops were poured in my kitchen! They are going to plaster them to make them really smooth and then I will stain them!

A random picture of our kids at school this week cave painting.


We've had a time of it with sickness these past few weeks! Caedmon got malaria, but he has completed his meds and seems to be 100% better. Lost tooth, first day of Kindergarten, and malaria all in one week!

Most of you will remember that Blu got malaria about 3 weeks ago. The country was out of the regular malaria medicine, so they gave him something different. It seemed to take him longer to get better, but after a few days he was feeling ok. While I was in America, towards the end of my trip, I could tell on the phone he wasn't feeling good. When I got home, he kept working for about a week but finally just crashed and told me he felt awful. A bad case of malaria where the first medicine didn't knock it out is what we are assuming. He just completed his second round of malaria meds (this time the regular medicine for malaria) and he is still not feeling very good. Please pray that he will get better soon and rest! I told him that he is banished to the couch all day today to sleep/rest! If he is still feeling bad tomorrow, another trip to the doctor...

No comments: