Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cool American Things!

I fly back home to Zambia tomorrow morning, but before I leave the grand ole' USA, I wanted to write some thoughts on America. I will blog more later about all that has happened inside of me on this trip, but I have a lot of processing to do to sort through all of the feelings/emotions so I will wait on that blog! But here's some things I have noticed:

1) It's SO cool to not have to lock car doors! Manually I mean..most people have automatic locks.

2) There are so many bright colors, and it's so green!

3) I saw horses!! It had been awhile since I had seen a horse.

4) People don't just randomly discuss stomach ailments like diarrhea with other people..oops...

5) Everyone looks so clean and dressed up to me.

6) It is HOT...humid and HOT...Zambian heat doesn't feel like this..

7) The post office was so NICE and clean!

8) Internet is SOOOOOO fast...

9) It doesn't take long at all to get your food at a fast-food drive thru or even a restaurant!

That's all I can think of for now! Thanks for praying for me as I travel and Blu as he is home with the kids. A situation with a very close friend in Zambia has come up, so please pray for Blu as he deals with that in the coming days. I'll talk to you from Zambia in a couple of days :)

No comments: