Monday, May 3, 2010

Sickness at the Tidwell House!

Goodness it seems like everyone is sick lately!

Cason got a bite last week when we camped in the bush. It started looking really bad and eventually just became like a small hole in his leg! Then the redness and swelling set in and I started to freak out. It would look ok in the mornings, but in the evenings it would look so bad! So on Friday, around 4:45, I noticed that he had fever all over, and redness was spreading up his leg into his thigh. I decided his leg was about to fall off! Blu was in the bush, so I called a taxi and we headed to the doctor. I didn't realize they close at 4:30, but thankfully Dr. Jain, the doctor from India was standing outside. She confirmed the infection and gave us some antibiotics. The sore is looking better!

Cambree seems all better from her malaria--thank you all for praying for her!!

Caedmon came in the other night to take a bath and he had welts all over his body. Some were the size of my own palm on his poor little body! He just said they itched but they didn't seem to bother him. The next morning, after we rubbed some antihistamine on the, they were completely gone!! We think we've narrowed it down to a certain flower outside that he is allergic to!

I have been sick for the last 3 days and I feel miserable. Nothing seems to be knocking out this sore throat! Blu took Caedmon & Cambree to the bush today so that I would just have Cason, and I stayed in bed most of the day, sipping hot tea, hot chocolate, and chicken bouillon soup. No fun!

Blu is fine, just constantly filthy :) Mapanza has a lot of red dirt, so his socks, pants, and shoes are all stained a rusty color. When he comes in from the bush and wants a kiss, I just point to the shower.

I think I'm going to take Cason to the doctor tomorrow. After 3 days on antibiotics, though his leg is better, he is still not himself and I'm wondering if he has malaria. He just wants to sleep a lot and be held. Better safe than sorry!

Please pray that our family will get well!!!

No comments: