Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Welcome Party

Sisters!


Last Sunday at church, the women told me they would like to come to my house to visit me and welcome me to Choma. We agreed on a meeting time of Saturday at 10am. I made two loaves of cinnamon bread and a big jug of koolaid and waited for my visitors! At 10:15am they call to let us know they are at the gate, and as I go to open the door I can hear LOTS of women. Sixteen in all!! So they come into our living room, which I had cleaned meticulously and had fresh flowers in a coffee cup on the table. We pull in every chair in the house and they all sit and look at me. I ask them if it's ok if I bring the snacks and they quickly tell me to sit down. :)

So they had this whole program planned out. First, we sang two praise choruses and then prayed. Then, two women stood up and gave short devotionals. Then they sang again and told me I could serve them now. We sang while we ate, and then we all had choir practice. It ended with me saying a few words to them and then they wanted Blu to come in and talk to them. (This was all in Tonga). Blu accidentally said something about his "wives" but he quickly corrected it to "wife." The women still caught it and thought it was hilarious :)

I love these women!!

No comments: