Sunday, March 7, 2010

He's refusing to poop!

Church this morning was interesting....The kids were pretty well-behaved compared to usual, but then right before Blu was to preach, Caedmon came up to me and whispered "Mama I have to poopoo.." Uh oh. There is a field behind the church so we start walking back there and a woman comes and says "Oh he needs to use the toilet? Follow me." So we proceed to walk along this tiny trail behind the church to a little building. The trail is covered with high grass and is more grass than trail. Every step is soggy wet water, and of course I was in flip-flops. So we finally get close and the woman says "I'll just wee here." She proceeds to stop DIRECTLY in front of us, hike up her skirt, adjust the baby on her back, and pee right in front of me!! It occurred to me that maybe all the soggy water I was stepping in wasn't water...

So she heads back and me and Caedmon are left in the little outhouse. I guess I hadn't prepared him well enough because he freaked out at the hole in the ground and refused to go. A little boy was outside the outhouse yelling the whole time "Caedmon!! Hurry up!! He's refusing to poop!" That was NOT helping matters any. I finally tore a piece of the siding from the outhouse (a cement bag), put it on the ground, and told Caedmon to poop on that and we would then put it down the hole. He is crying at this point and refused to go. So we make the walk back down the soggy trail, and I count the minutes until I am back home, where I head straight to the bathtub to wash my feet!!!

4 comments:

Lisa Richardson said...

lol.. you guys are leading such an interesting life.. I can't imaging trying to get Wyatt to poop in a hole.. poor baby, I hope he finally pooped at home.. next time wear shoes..

Jessica T. said...

What an adventure! Thanks so much for blogging! The kiddoes had great fun catching up on Zambian life:)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

FeenGreerce

pjcrisp said...

hey guys! so glad you found me, i can't wait to read your blog. you don't by any chance know people in Dallas, do you? a beth chlapek, actually? it would be incredibly wierd, but i was wondering if you were the imb folks in zambia she was talking about? janacrisp@yahoo.com