Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Quick Break from Zambia

Yesterday was a WEIRD day...

I NEVER go to the bank. Blu usually runs our daily errands while I'm home with the kids, so everyone at the bank knows him, but not me. We live in a fairly small town, about 25 miles south of Fort Worth. Not a metropolis by any means. So, yesterday, I went to the bank. I stood in line waiting to get some cash and looked around. I suddenly got paranoid and started looking at the people around me. I thought to myself, "Man, if the bank were gonna get robbed, it would be my luck that it would be right now while I'm in it, because I NEVER come to the bank." That was at 11am. The bank was robbed at 1:07.

We went to a Mercy Me/Jeremy Camp/Addison Road/10th Avenue North concert last night at the American Airlines Center. We took 22 kids from our youth group and 4 sponsors. I got to drive one of the 15 passenger vans in Dallas traffic. One of the vans had just gotten out of the shop that day, so I told Blu he had to drive that van because it would probably break down. Yep, you guessed it. The van I drove broke down on our way home. Overheated, engine failure, battery died, smoke from the engine--it was bad. A tow truck came for the van and we took the kids home in shifts. It was a strange day!

Anyway, look what Blu did this week!!!!!!!! He can do anything and he is my HERO! :)

No comments: