Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Goin' to Africa...

It's taken me a week to write this blog. Or I guess I should say it's taken me a week to be able to find this story funny so that I could write a blog. :)

Caedmon and Cambree have been doing really well with Baby Cason lately. Last Wednesday, Cason was on the living room floor and the kids were laying beside him as they watched tv. I was in Caedmon's closet hanging up clothes. All of a sudden, I hear this screaming, but it sounded distant so I thought it was from the tv. Suddenly it clicked in my mind that it was Baby Cason, but his screaming was from a long ways off. I sprinted through the house and found him outside, on the back porch, laying face down on the concrete beside the bbq grill, screaming his head off!! I spanked the older 2 kids and put them in their rooms so I could calm down and get Cason calm. Then, when the kids came out of their rooms, I asked Caedmon for an explanation of how Baby Cason got outside. Here was his response:

"Well Mama I said who wants to go to Africa and Baby Cason said I do and Africa is in the backyard so I had to take him to Africa and then Cambree put him up on the bench and then he rolled off."

Um, where to even start? With the fact that Africa is not in the backyard??? I calmly explained that Baby Cason is too little to play in Africa and he needed to stay inside (in the USA??). In the end, Cason ended up with a small bump on his head, but otherwise, he survived his trip to Africa.

2 comments:

Arlessa said...

The stories kids come up with crack me up!!! I have to say that Caedmon's Africa story is one of the best:)

Anonymous said...

Africa must be hot if they are putting the baby by the grill, Darbi!!

CeCe