Monday, November 24, 2008

A Baby Boy!

To the woman [God] said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children."


I've never thought about it before today, but I wonder what birthing a child would have ben like before the Fall. It had to have been something that was more enjoyable than our current method. If you've never taken the time to sit down and think about what all goes on during childbirth, then do yourself a favor... and don't.

Greetings everyone! This is Blu! For one brief day Darbi has relinquished total control of her blog to none other than me. She's never done that before, and I don't know if it's the fact that she trusts me completely, or that she's all drugged up and can't think straight. So here's the story:

We have a baby boy! His name? Cason Mark Tidwell. Weight? 7 lbs 10 oz. Length? 20 inches. I'm not sure about the hair and the eye color... I guess you'll just have wait to get that info. :)

We went into the hospital at 6:00 AM. Darbi was hooked up to an IV around 6:30 and we were ready to go! It didn't take long for two things to happen. 1) the contractions started. 2) we found out that we had access to FREE movies on demand. Since Darbi was the one in pain, I let her choose the movie to watch (although I was pulling for Bourne Ultimatum). Her choice? Matthew McConaughey. I'm not even sure what the movie was called, but he swam around a lot with no shirt, and for an hour and a half Darbi didn't complain once about the contractions.

Then the movie ended and the nurse came in and broke her water. Shortly thereafter Darbi began asking for an epidural. But the epidurist was all tied up and it was another hour before he showed up. By then she was too far along for an epidural, so they went with a spinal block thing. It didn't take long before Cason joined us in the world! He looks just like Caedmon from when he was a baby.

Ok, I'm done typing. I know you just want to see pics anyways. Here they are!





















Oh! This last picture reminds me. I'm one of those that realizes the truth that no one will say out lout. Babies are not that pretty, or cute, or adorable. So even though I know that Darbi would appreciate a lot of oohs and aahs over our newest addition... you and I know the truth. :)

Blu

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So happy for ya'll and glad that he is healthy! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and tell your family I said hello. Love, Jocelyn Miller

Jessica said...

Yay Cason!! I can't wait to hold him! And blu, he is too cute! Maybe not in the last pic...but he is! =] Come home so I can see him!!

Dayla Rowland said...

Congratulations Tidwells!!

Robbie said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute. Hope ya'll have a great Thanksgiving. Give your parents a hug for me!!

Love, Robbie

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Love the name, although it is one letter off (C is not the same as J).

Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect! Congratulations to you all and I'm so glad Darbi and Cason are both doing well! Can't wait to see him!
Cheryl

Becky said...

Well, most babies don't look that great..........right away!!
But, he is adorable and precious! Thankful he made it here and all is well!
Congrats!
The Days

missy said...

YEAH! He's here. Sorry my congrats are a tad late. So happy for you all and he is just beautful. You look great, Darbi.

Anonymous said...

Good pics, good stories, and good news. Congrats!!! Uncle Strong