Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Girly Girl....

So I don't have much new to write about these days, but I have been doing some "girly" things that have been keeping me busy! So for any that may be interested...here goes! :)

First of all, I am attending a quilting class at our church!! I am the youngest one by about 25 years.. (although I have to give credit to my 18 year old Jessica who came with me during the summer--what a trooper she is!!) Anyway, we are making patchwork quilts for nursing homes, etc. in our community. My job is either to cut out squares or to occasionally piece together a quilt, although I'm not too great at that. It's been really fun to visit with some of the older ladies in our church though! (and my mom, the quilting pro herself, is OH SO proud of me...)

Speaking of quilts, that leads me to the next girly thing I'm doing--redecorating Cambree's room! I'm trying to get the kids rooms all done before Cason gets here. Cambree had a Peter Rabbit nursery which was very cute, but I was eager to do a "girly" theme. So she now has a hot pink/neon green daisy room!! My mom is making the quilt and wall hanging, and I went to Goodwill for almost everything else!! I found like a neon green dinner plate for 29 cents, sponge painted the edges hot pink, and then hot glued a big fake daisy in the center...propped it up on a corner shelf--so cute!! Ok I know you need pictures to really see this, but our camera isn't working right now...but I'll work on it!!

The last girly thing I'm doing is a "Mommy and Me" dance class with Cambree. I know, she's not even 2 yet, but I'm really doing it for a lady in our church who just opened a dance studio in our town. So yesterday it was off to Walmart for tights, a leotard, a skirt, and ballet shoes...wow that stuff adds up!! She will be doing things like "touch your foot to the red circle...now clap your hands.." etc. so I think she'll really like it. But, they may want to rename it "Mommy and Whale" class as big as I'm getting...surely they won't REALLY make me dance right...??

So those are the girly things in my life that are keeping me busy right now! Hope you enjoyed!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yay for quilting! And it can't be a "Mommy and Whale" class cause that would be calling Cambree a whale!! haha ILY!!