Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pre-Christmas Fun!

So this has been a really good weekend! Friday night was our Youth Christmas party at an ice skating rink and huge mall for 8 hours with 25 junior high kids...Ok, there were like 4 high schoolers, but still. Well, guess what I, the youth minister's wife, did??? I disappeared after the pizza and gift exchange, bought myself some shoes and a purse, and then went and got a pedicure! I'm so bad!! :) Then, my college kids (who I LOVE and told to come crash the party) came and hung out with me. :)

So today I went and helped Jessica buy Christmas gifts..it was the most insane shopping day I've ever seen. This mean ole lady at Walmart totally cut us off for a parking spot, and it's sad when one of your 17 year old youth has to keep you, the youth minister's wife I point out once again, in check!

Then it was on to Date Night tonight. Funny, our last date night was like in March when we decided to move forward with our adoption. (yes, I do realize that was 9 months ago-sad, but true). Lots changes in 9 months...But anyway, we had a gift card to Olive Garden so we ate there, and then went to Half Price Books, and then on to see I Am Legend. What a SCARY movie!! I covered my eyes for like half of it! Blu LOVED it...but def not my type!

So tomorrow is "Christmas church" which means that we all dress up in nice Christmas clothes (sometimes guys who don't have sisters have to be explained things like this--when we first got married he had no idea that you had to have an Easter dress each year!) Everyone got new clothes (but me, but I don't need any!) and I'm so excited! Isn't that silly? Except my babysa little spoiled and she has such nice clothes (from grandparents...) and I bought my little boy a $4 shirt from Walmart! Oh well...I guess that's the way it is with girls. So anyway then we're headed to family for Christmas Eve so that'll be fun!

Ok, now to respond to some of my most loyal blog commenters.. :) CeCe I did get your list of 10 things and I have to tell you that Blu and I both thought your laundry fetish was SOOOO funny!!! Julie, though I love you dearly, Pepsi is like the "Pink Bismuth Liquid" version of Pepto-Bismol...it's just not the same...
AMBER! I can't believe there's Dairy Queens in Canada! Blu wants me to ask if they still use the slogan "The Texas Stop Sign" for Dairy Queen up there! (and I'm 27 by the way... :( Jessica and Erika, I love you both and you are so loyal to my blog! And my secret blog friend, do you think it's safe to come back yet?? :)

Thanks for letting me be goofy,
Darbi :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not yet, my dear, but soon. . .very soon. . .I did give you "click love" today, but your ads haven't changed for some reason! aagh! I was hoping for "crazy white people" ads. . those could have been interesting, especially on the blog of a (gasp) youth ministers wife.

Anonymous said...

About the laundry fetish....it is all my cousin John's fault. I was already kind of weird about it and THEN he made the comment that he could not use the same towel more than once....because how would he know which end wiped his face and which end wiped his rear end? That pushed me over the edge! Hee Hee! Love! CeCe

Amber G. said...

It all sounds fun! Especially date night... :) And as for the DQ slogan -- I've never heard that one before, but it made me chuckle!

(I love the Christmas Sunday pics, too. You all are just waaaayyy too cute!)

Amber