Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blog Me!

You ever have one of those days that just screams out, "Blog Me!! Blog Me!" That was today....

It began with our 2 1/2 year old, Caedmon's, voice coming through our 13 month old, Cambree's, monitor yelling a frantic "MAMA!!! MAMA!!" We go to the room to find them both in her crib (not unusual) but him absolutely freaking out because "sister" had puked on him. There was vomit in the bed, so we just stripped both kids, realized they had both pooped as well, and stuck them in the tub. Figured it was just too much milk for sister, and Caedmon was possibly jumping in the bed, pounding on her tummy, who knows...

Later, while on the phone in another room, I hear that dreadful sound of paper ripping. I run to the living room to find both kids under the tree with eyes wide open as they had just opened a Christmas present. They picked the biggest one and both looked so excited as they saw its contents!

Lunch was uneventful, but then came naptime... Sister went down like an angel, but Caedmon, who was put in bed at 12:30, finally fell asleep at 2pm...after countless spankings, bribes, etc.

I was looking forward all day to our trip 1 1/2 hours away to see my parent's Christmas choir musical! I got my friend and one of our youth, Jessica, to go with me to help with the kids. We were about 20 minutes down the road when Cambree proceeds to puke about 3 times in her car seat. I had no outfits and about 6 baby wipes with me. We pull over, switch drivers, strip the baby, and I do my best to clean up with 6 wipes. We head back home with the windows down to try to get rid of the smell...

Back home, throw Cambree in the tub, throw car seat cover and clothes in washer, clean up kids toys, realize that sweet hubby made a grilled cheese sandwich for supper and bread, cheese wrappers, etc. are littering the kitchen. Get the kitchen cleaned and the toys relatively put back where they belong..

Head to my computer to catch up on the latest adoption drama..

And people ask me if I get bored being a stay at home mom!

3 comments:

Amber G. said...

Yep! That was a "blog me" day for sure! But isn't it so much better now that you've blogged it? At least you are getting sympathy from the rest of us "bored" stay-at-home moms who know EXACTLY how you felt today because we have all had similar days (in the not-so-distant past, in fact!)

On a different note, Jo decided to unwrap ALL her presents the other day! Grrrr!! So much for being surprised on Christmas... It's what I get, I suppose, for leaving her unattended for five minutes downstairs!

Amber

Candice said...

When Erika was a baby I woke up one morning to her laughing. She slept in a playpen. When I looked inside she had removed a poo diaper and smeared it all in the mesh of the playpen and all over herself. She found it to be very funny. Kids are great arent they!

Erika said...

Well, my mom is crazy do not listen to anything she says! I am so mad at her.