Wednesday, December 29, 2021

2021 Books of the Year

It's one of my favorite times of the year - my picks for 2021 Books of the Year!  With my grad classes, I didn't have near as much time for pleasure reading as usual, but that also means I read a WIDE variety of subjects, from good fiction, to good non-fiction, to thought-provoking academic and Christian literature.  Here's a look at my must-reads from this past year! 

It's basketball, it's Africa, and it's John Grisham.  How could this not be my fiction book of the year?!  Disclaimer:  the ending surprised me and I didn't love it, but STILL.  Book of the year, easily.

Blu and I started reading this book out loud back in January as we drove all over Colorado for our 20th anniversary trip.  It's a real-life story of a woman who escaped from North Korea and what her life was like growing up there.  I hadn't read much about North Korea before, and it was gripping.  We both loved it!

I guess I would call this my "Graduate Degree Book of the Year."  Out of all of the books I read for my classes (16+), this is the one that has stayed with me.  I love a good, easy Dr. Dobson read, and this one did not disappoint.

I finish grad school on March 4th, so I'm hoping for plenty of time for "fun" reading in 2022!  Happy Reading!

No comments: