Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Blu's Phone Dump - Last Pics from New Day for Awhile!

Forgive me if I've posted any of these pictures before! Blu dumped all of his recent pics on the computer today, so I picked my favorites for one last blog post from Zambia! Tomorrow will be spent doing payroll, closing out July finances, last minute laundry/packing, an end of term school program, prayer & praise service, and of course saying goodbye, and then Friday morning we will head to Livingstone/Johannesburg/Dublin/Belfast/London/Dallas!

Agness looking sweet at school!

Yesterday we had a final trip to Choma, and it was STRESSFUL (see my face?!). Blu thought it was funny to see how close the lady was standing behind me when there was literally almost nobody else in the bank!

After getting this drumset 19 years ago from his parents, and carting it all over the world, Blu decided to donate it to a music school in Choma! I (the sentimental one!) was more sad than he was, but hopefully some young Zambians will get many more years out of it!

Meanwhile, back in the USA....ice cream.

A rope walk at camp!

More ice cream. (And Cambree & Mrs. Kelly, but all I can focus on is the ice cream.)

Mama Cecilia with Blesten and Luyando - she has her hands full! (Not sure why he is always wearing her pink clothes...I promise we gave him quite a few boy clothes!!!)

Sweet Chipego - this boy is a cutie!

The New Day Church looking good!

Aubrey has been letting some of the older kids do some cooking in the kitchen!

Here's Ben!

Gertrude

Glory

Malilwe

Phillip

Kelitah

Blu and I have been playing a LOT of this!

Walking home from school with my Daddy!

Dad and Patrick, his "age mate"

There I am watching my 3 babies fly away!!

Francis getting some homework done!

Last trip to the grocery store - this is all I need to survive the next 6 days!

Blu disagreed...

I have been blessed to have some free time in the mornings to go and visit Hildah and work on a puzzle with her! (We finished today!)

After FIVE YEARS, Joseph got his first visitor at New Day - his grandma!

Justin saying "Cheese!"

Laston eating his beans!

A last overnight trip to Livingstone with Mom & Dad for a hotel, 42, and Cafe Zambezi meal!

Luumuno lost a front tooth - he was so proud!

Margaret has been around doing some housemother subbing for us!

Also back in Texas.... Paw & Bmaw on the boat!

Uncle Aubrey has started a prayer garden with the kids!

Wait a minute - are they praying or sleeping?!

Priscilla & Buumi stopped by for a visit!

Only one more day of school left - working on my favorite lesson: world time zones!

Walking home from Kids Club with some of my favorites. And that's a wrap on another 19 months in Zambia!

No comments: