Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Daddy

Some of you know my Dad, some of you don't. Those of you that do know that he's an amazing, godly man! He got saved after surviving colon cancer in 1983 at the age of 31. He soon felt called into the ministry, packed his family up to head to seminary, and has been a pastor for the last 21 years. Here are some things I got from my dad:
1) My beautiful blonde locks :)
2) Awesome calves..seriously..
3) The ability to ALWAYS be on time (and usually 15 minutes early) anywhere I go...
4) My 3 point shot (unfortunately, the half-point hook shot didn't take)
5) Responsibility--he taught me to do what I said I was going to do when I said I was going to do it
6) A tender heart..he cries reading Hallmark cards and I guarantee you is crying right now...
7) The fabulous Winsman Wit
8) A hard work ethic - the man works two jobs, (pastor and teacher), does weddings, funerals, visits people in nursing homes, works out (occasionally..), loves yard work, and rarely sits down
9) My 42 domino strategy..
10) G-O-M: God, Others, Me...
11) The importance of Bible reading-he has read through the Bible each year for the past kazillion years..
12) And most importantly...he taught me that if you train up a child in the way he (she) should go, she will NOT depart from it.

I love you and miss you Daddy! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: