Monday, June 7, 2010

Gloria

The first half of our volunteer team consists of 4 men and 1 woman, Gloria. The men headed out to Mapanza today to work. They worked only half a day and already have tons done on the walls of the first orphan house--Blu thinks all the walls will be up by Wednesday!! Gloria stayed behind in Choma with me waiting for the other half of the team.

We had a nice day together--so nice to have some American woman fellowship!! We took a taxi to the market and bought some material and Gloria treated me to a new skirt! Gloria really encouraged me about living in Zambia, but mainly about just believing God and trusting Him in every aspect of my life.

But Gloria REALLY saved the day around 5pm. The other half of our team arrived, minus one luggage piece, and got out of the airport around 4. At 5:30pm they were still in Lusaka facing heavy traffic. That will put them here around 10 or 11 tonight. So I'm thinking..wow...they're going to be hungry, and ACTS is supposed to cook for them. I called ACTS and they asked if I would be willing to help with dinner when they get here. I totally freaked out and was so overwhelmed!! My kids were acting terrible, and I had to "throw together" a meal for 14 people?!! Enter Gloria..

"Oh I can just make something," she says casually. Do you have this? How about this? A couple of hours later, Gloria had "thrown together" homemade Mexican rice, the most amazing tortillas I have ever tasted, and a meat and potato dish. It tasted heavenly and is in the oven waiting for the team to arrive. (Although I might hide the tortillas..)

Thank you Gloria!! I think God sent you to Zambia just for today!!

No comments: