Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just chatting...

So I haven't really blogged in awhile...so here are some things going on in my life...

I'm the parent of 3 kids under the age of 4--need I say more!! Between breastfeeding, potty training, and tantrums, sometimes I feel so NEEDED!!! But then there's the moments when Cason smiles at me, or Cambree says, "Mama...I pooped on the floor...it's REEEEELY REEEEELY nasty!" and Caedmon giggles (he has the cutest laugh EVER!) that it's all worth it.

Blu and I are going on a date tomorrow night!!! Our first date since Cason was born where we're taking NO kids!! Yay! We're going to see Bride Wars (yes, I know it's a chick flick, but we saw Valkyrie last time!) at this place called Studio Movie Grill, where you get a swivel seat and get to eat supper as you watch a movie....can you hear Cason crying? Did Caedmon spill his drink? Did Cambree steal one of Caedmon's fries? NO!!!! Just me and Blu :)

So I'm in the middle of this book called The Centurion's Wife (Jannette Oke and Davis Bunn). I've been reading it for like 3 weeks!! I finish most books in 2 days! It's the first book I've read that is set in the EXACT time period of Jesus' life. The centurion is hired to find out what happened to Jesus' body. It's good, but I just can't seem to finish it!

Speaking of reading, it seems that everyone in 2009 is reading the Bible through! Our church started a program, so my closest friend, my mom, my dad, my sister (I think..), my girls Sunday School class--we are all reading through the Bible together! Blu and I are in Exodus and Mark and are really loving devouring God's Word and discussing it together.

On a more depressing note, the baby weight does not seem to be coming off. :( I have done great at working out...not so great at eating.

February is a busy month for us. Our youth group does a Valentine's fundraiser where we sell balloon bouquets in the local schools. We make about $3,500 each year, but I swear it is SO MUCH WORK for the youth minister's wife! It should seriously be in the job description for the youth minister! Ok, maybe if I weren't so OCD it wouldn't be so bad, but I like it to run perfectly. Last year, we gave a sigh of relief that it would be our last year to do balloon bouquets...yeah, don't ever say that...

Speaking of that, I'm itching. Let's see...I have lived in TWENTY houses in my life. Yep, 20. Blu and I have lived in 5 places in the last 8 years. I'm a nomad. Every 2 years or so...I get the itch.

Other exciting happenings: one of my good friends is pregnant!! Should I say who?? Do you mind, Erika?! :)

Other crazy happenings: family member, $17,000, theft, prison, SOOOOO incredibly sad....we'll just leave it at that.....

I'm really rambling now, but you should be caught up on my life :) Night!

(I PROMISE to post an Africa story too...I just need some direction!! Someone tell me what you want to hear about and it will surely spark an interesting story!)

1 comment:

Arlessa said...

Girl, I know how you feel. I just have one question. How on earth do you find time to read????? Take care and enjoy your date:)