Saturday, January 3, 2009

Decisions, Deep Thoughts, and Delight

Blu has now graduated from seminary, so we have some decisions to make. We know without a doubt that we are not called to full-time youth ministry, which means there is an inevitable move in our future. So basically, we have Option A or Option B. (Sorry to be so cryptic, but for this post, it doesn't really matter what the two options are anyway!) As we have discussed these two options for the past year, something Blu asked me has stayed with me. "Darbi, what would truly make you happy?" I couldn't answer...I have no idea. I might think one option is what I definitely want and would make me happy only to find out 2 years down the road that I'm miserable and the other option was the way to go.

In the midst of this, a verse has come to mind over and over again: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

So, if I just delight myself in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart. Only problem--I don't know the desires of my heart! Then it dawned on me, (and I realize this seems simple to most of you, but it took me awhile to get it!), who alone knows my heart better than I do? So ALL I have to focus on is the delighting myself in Him. HE knows the desires of my heart, even if I don't, and HE will give them to me! What a relief!

So this year, I am focusing on DELIGHT. I will try not to stress about the future, not to weigh the pros and cons of option A or option B, not to WORRY, but instead to DELIGHT IN HIM, and sit back and watch as He gives me, Blu, and our family the desires of our hearts.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Darbi, thanks for sharing this! It is so true! How much stress, worrying, and trouble would we avoid if we just daily delighted in Him and nothing else?!!!
I'm waiting for you guys to leave for Africa and start that orphanage?!!
I know that God will direct your paths.....and I know it's hard not knowing!