Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blog Block

After oh so many of you have been on my case for not writing a blog, I decided I should at least post one with a confession. I have blog block. Yes, like writer's block. I cannot think of absolutely one thing interesting to write about.

This isn't a pregnancy journal, but if you're interested I am 11 weeks now (oh you can see that from my ticker at the top of the page) and throwing up only once a day or sometimes none! My first appt is this Friday. (praying it's not twins!!!)

Um, interesting things going on in my life...went to the lake last weekend on our Junior/Senior Retreat with our youth group. Got really sunburned and now my entire face is peeling and I have fever blisters so I'm pretty miserable. BUT I did catch a fish! (and Blu didn't...) Blu wouldn't let me waterski since I'm pregnant...

Africa stories...the well has run dry!! Ok, not really. When I was there, I wrote a very detailed email to my parents every day. My mom printed out every single email and made 3 huge 3ring binders for me that is like a journal of our time there, so there are definitely plenty of more stories to tell!! But I'll have to find a good one.

Kids...they're great. We just put Cambree in a toddler bed (her thunder thighs kept getting caught in the crib slats!) and we just figured we would put her in it and she would maybe stay up a little later playing...NO. She absolutely freaked out!! Screamed like it was the end of the world for like an hour and a half!! But by day two she's getting the hang of it! She's at that "tumble age"--she fell (or was pushed by her brother) off the back porch today and the whole left side of her face is banged up.

Oh here's a good Caedmon story. Yesterday he was holding a paddle and a ball and I hear a SMACK and then Cambree starts crying. Here's how the conversation went:
me: Caedmon, what happened?
C: Cambree hit herself.
me: Caedmon, did you hit her?
C: No.
me: Caedmon, are you lying to me? Did you hit her?
C: No.
me: You better tell me the truth right now!! Did you hit her?
C: No.
me: (trying a new tactic) What did you hit her with?
C: The bat.

Blu just finished his semester of seminary and will graduate in December--yay!! We can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel!

And look at that...I guess I did have a few things to blog about!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

About dang time!

MMC said...

Hey, I came to your blog through your sisters...hope that's ok! I enjoyed getting to see what's going on in your life...mom had told me you're expecting... congrats!

Julie Redman said...

thanks for coming back to us!

KTandEMYsmom said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! I was worried the sickness was back like before. Your kids are so cute! Well of course they are look at their parents.
I hate it when I get blog block!
Glad you are back!

Amber G. said...

Wow, I am DEFINTELY going to use that tactic for sneaking the truth out of my three-year-old when my one-year-old is bawling and has obviously been wronged. You are just too smart... :)

Glad to have an update and glad everything is going well for you guys...

Amber

Becky said...

I like the different line of questioning you took! Very CSI mom of you! I wrote about having to be a CSI mom on my blog awhile back!!
Happy Mother's Day!